We provide the information below to help our patients (parents and guardians) understand what to expect when making plans to visit our office.
Visiting our Office: What to Expect
As a dental practice, we operate under multiple sets of regulations and guidelines (federal, state, county, city), some of which we expect to remain more rigorous than those that apply to visitors and employees in less highly controlled, public settings, such as retail locations and restaurants.
Standard and heightened infection control practices in which we are highly trained, and for which we are both well equipped and well prepared, are in place.
Please continue to follow our now familiar protocols for patient visits.
- Appointment scheduling to balance clinical need and official guidance for COVID mitigation, including the need for social distancing between patients, and extra time for treatment room preparation
- At-home completion of patient forms prior to office visits
- Telephone or text “check-in” from our outdoor parking lot
- Available outdoor seating area
- Screening questionnaire for COVID-19 symptoms & risk factors
- Forehead temperature scanning (no-touch, instantaneous)
- Mask wearing by adult visitors & children, as appropriate
- Pre-treatment handwashing for all patients in our restroom
- Available handspray sanitizer throughout office
- Social distancing in office; separate entrance & exit as indicated
- No toys, reading material, food or drinks in reception area
- Staff practice standard and heightened infection control
- Staff wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per guidelines
- Extra cleaning of “high-touch” surfaces by staff
- Pre-treatment use of oral rinse disinfectants by patients, as indicated
- Filtration of office air with HEPA filters and UV light
- Avoidance, minimization or mitigation of aerosols
- We monitor the health of our staff and protect confidentially of staff health information with the same level of care that we protect patient confidentiality.
Please Note: As a general rule, if patient or family members have been ill within two (2) weeks prior to appointment date, please call our office to re-schedule.